Soft-Bricked Phone (It boots to download mode.)

BTiBBz

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Hello,

I got myself in a bit of a pickle. My phone won't come on after trying to root it with apparently the wrong file. I managed to get it back to where it will boot and operate normally besides every 3 seconds a message pops up that says "Sorry, direct pen input has stopped working" (Or roughly that). The solution i have found for it is to turn on an app that i have turned off but there are no apps turned off to turn back on. The phone is a Galaxy Note 3 AT&T version which i found to be the most complicated models to root and do anything with.

Please help!

Solution
Have you tried going to reocvery mode?. If not then try to go. Reinsert battery to turn it off, now press and hold Volume up + Home button + power button. Release power button when it shows any logo but dont release home and volume up button till you go to recovery. Once it opens wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
Note: You have to navigate with volume buttons and select with power button.

BTiBBz

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Hey shahbaz. Yea i found that guide but it wasn't much help. After finishing it and doing it step by step the phone will only try to boot but gets stuck at the AT&T world spinning logo. I was hopeful but i guess i shouldn't have been.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Have you tried going to reocvery mode?. If not then try to go. Reinsert battery to turn it off, now press and hold Volume up + Home button + power button. Release power button when it shows any logo but dont release home and volume up button till you go to recovery. Once it opens wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
Note: You have to navigate with volume buttons and select with power button.

Solution

BTiBBz

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Hey Shahbaz, i fixed the phone earlier today by taking it to Samsung at Best Buy. I think i was just trying to flash a corrupted version of jelly bean over to the phone but what they did was flash over the most current version of kitkat. It failed once so they tried jelly bean but then that failed so they did kitkat again and it worked. Now the phone works perfectly so next time you hear of a Samsung device messing up just tell them to bring it to a Best Buy store to have them try before you spend hours on the internet trying to fix it. (I'll give you best answer btw)