Brought Surface Pro 3 out

NeroTheNoob

Honorable
May 1, 2013
I dont have my charger and its too expensive to buy one again here. I ordered a usb male to male online. i hope it works if i plug it into a wall charger. Your thoughts on if it will work or not? i need some sanctuary knowing that it will work!

will it ?

dorablrums

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014
that right,i agree it,Will even give it a Lil charge or presume to charge ,thanks
tCHyxz

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
It wont because of a few reasons.
Computers are not designed to receive power over the USB port to charge the battery, only the main power connector has the ability to do that.
The voltage and amperage of a USB port is low. Most laptops battery's voltage ranges from 11volts to 19volts, while USB is 5 volts, you can only charge devices at 5 volts or less with a USB cable.
The milli amps on a USB charger is significantly less then what is needed to recharge a battery, USB chargers tend to range between 500-2000 milli amps, resulting in 2.5-10 watts of power which is extremely low for charging something like a laptop. While the Surface Pro 3 does use a smaller charger than bigger laptops, USB if it could charge will not work very well.