Please help me select the better TV

Hitaku

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
I'm looking to get a new TV and I was hoping you guys would be able to point me in the right direction. I'm so lost and I would really appreciate the help. Currently my options are the Sony W950B ($1,600.00), Sony W900A ($2,000), and the Sony W802A ($1000.00). The reason I've selected these TVs is due to their low input lag. I primarily play fighting games on my television and they do at times require frame precision. The size differences in some of these options is not a factor for me. Anything from 40" to 55" is fine. From what I've read, they would be ranked in order from W900A, W950B, and finally coming in last the W802A. My question is about exactly how much better is each than the last? Are they worth the $500 increments? While I would very much appreciate not spending more money, I want to get my money's worth if I'm spending that much to begin with.

Here are some other questions I have about these TVs. The room the TV sits in is slightly darker than your average room. I've heard reports that the blacks on the W950B are lacking which could be effected by this. Is that also the case with the others? Both the W950B and the W900A have the Triluminos Display, how much of an improvement does that offer for the picture? Lastly, and possibly most importantly comes the fact that I'll need to be playing using game mode. I'd like to not pay $500 or $1000 more for a TV if game mode is going to disable what they offer me. As an example, some of these TV's have better motion blur than others. While I would really enjoy that, will it be disabled in game mode? Thank you so much in advance to anyone able to help out with my situation!