MX Player for Jelly Bean 4.3? Update to Kitkat? Asus Zenfone 5

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hi. I just bought an Asus Zenfone 5. It comes with the Android JB 4.3 installed. Now I'm very much infuriated to find that the apps like MX Player are not supported by this OS. Moreover, I managed to get a beta VLC to work and it plays 1080p videos with hellish lag! Some games are even crashing. So let me come back to my question. Could somebody help me find an MX Player that is supported by JB 4.3? And I see somewhere that Kitkat for Zenfone 5 is released. Is that true?
And one more thing- Does this software update thing help in any way? (Link below)
http://www.asus.com/in/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_ZenFone_5/HelpDesk_Download/
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Well, it's the first time I'm receiving no replies in Tom's. Anyway I found a fix. To miit123- Dude, go to play store and download the latest MX Player. There's one with bugs fixed made for Kitkat, which works super fine for me. I'm stressing- Download it directly from play store since that's the latest one available. Now I can play my videos without any problem.... And why I could even play the DTS Audio (With Custom Codec though)!!! :D

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Well, it's the first time I'm receiving no replies in Tom's. Anyway I found a fix. To miit123- Dude, go to play store and download the latest MX Player. There's one with bugs fixed made for Kitkat, which works super fine for me. I'm stressing- Download it directly from play store since that's the latest one available. Now I can play my videos without any problem.... And why I could even play the DTS Audio (With Custom Codec though)!!! :D

Solution

miit123

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

Ohk, Thanks and I also have zenfone 4 and san andreas does not start on it any idea why?