The best headset 7.1

RainerPrize

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
So, I would like to know what would be the best gamer headset 7.1 via USB. (Just in case the best 5.1 too, depending on the price range).

Konnefke

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
i'm not a audio expert but doesn't 7.1 stand for 7 speakers and 1 sub woofer?

a headset would always be stereo but the more expensive one's do simulate surround quiete good.

for some really good headset's you can't go wrong with Audio-Technica's but you will need a detecated sound card to get the most out of them

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
The best headset that comes with a USB sound card that can simulate surround sound would probably be the Sennheiser PC363d. It is the PC360, but with a USB sound card from Sennheiser. 9/10, Sennheiser will probably sound better than other gaming headsets.

I haven't personally used it, but it would seem that the Plantronic GameCom 780 is pretty good. I have used the Logitech G430 and G930. The virtual surround was alright on them. It got the job done, although if you're considering the G930 you should be aware that they are a very buggy headset.

If you're looking to get the BEST sound quality, you will probably want to go with a good pair of headphones and a dedicated sound card.

I personally use Sennheiser PC360's with an ASUS Xonar DGX. The sound card can simulate 5.1 and 7.1 pretty well, although I find myself being able position things in game just as well, if not better with stereo. It was the same thing with the G930's when I was using them.