Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E430 Not Powering Up.

paktangent

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E430 laptop. The problem is that it is not powering up. When I plugin the AC Power cord the LED indicator does not turn on. Similarly when I try to power it up from a fully charged battery, it does not boot. It looks like it is dead, no Led turn on and No sounds are produced.

What I have done:

Removed the battery and AC cord and pressed the power button for 30 seconds. Plugged back the AC power supply and pressed the power button. Nothing happened.

Removed the battery, CMOS battery, Optical Drive, Memory, Harddrive. Plugged in the power supply and tried to turning on. Still no signs, the system does not power up.

I guess the problem is with the power assembly of the laptop. Can some body give an idea of what the issue can be and what is the better way to fix it?

I have checked the adapter. It gives 20 volts as output.

paktangent

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
First of all thanks a lot for your keen interest. I have not disassembled the laptop yet. I will disassemble it and check for your required readings.

Is the fuse related to the system LED or the system board? I could not find a schema online but you seem to have a keen insight into the board.

doityourselfguy

Estimable
Jul 26, 2014

I have a similar problem on the E540 but the LED does come on, nothing else does though. im mechanically inclined but not too familiar with computers but I would like to check the fuse, can you help me identify it ?