Watching .avi movies on Pioneer CLD-V5000

kleankutken

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
Hey everybody. I own a Pioneer CLD-V5000. I have some movies burned in .avi format(had to get codecs to play with Windows Media Player). They are on regular cd's.......close to the 700mb limit of the disc. I would like to watch them on the tv using the Pioneer. Am I not able to because the Pioneer does not have the correct codecs? And if so, after connecting the Pioneer to my computer, can I somehow install the necessary codecs so it will work? Any help would be appreciated.

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
no. your dvd player needs to have divx playback. From my experience pioneer, while excellent dvd players, are pathetic in their compatibility in regards to actually playing anything but dvd's.

Philips has some nice dvd players that absolutely work with divx/avi, I own one, and frequently burn movies to disc and watch them on tv.

SWalkerTTU

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014

Considering that this is a LaserDisc player built in 1995, it has neither the hardware nor the programmability to play AVI files. It plays LaserDiscs, audio CDs and CDVs (CD Video, and not Video CD).

TRENDING THREADS