laserDiscDude

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
How do I get this thing to output a dolby digital signal? I've tried with an optical cable and with a coax cable (on the few different coax outputs) to my yamaha amp, but my amp only detects prologic come from the player.
The discs I've tried are all AC-3 and I know that my amp auto detects the signals correctly since my DVD player outputs both dolby digital and DTS, and it detects both.

I'm assuming there is some setting I'm missing. The little red 'dolby digital' light comes on the player, so it knows what it is.

KingLoftusXII

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
If your disc player automatically decodes the signal you want, see if your receiver has a "direct" mode. It'll simply amp up the signal the disc player puts out.

I use this for Dolby HD and DTS HD for HD DVD and Blueray.

laserDiscDude

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
I believe I can set that on my amp, I'll give it a try. I recently downloaded a copy of the manual from the internet, and after reading it I'm not so sure that the DVL-700 will actually output an AC-3 signal from a laserdisc. The manual seems to say that its only DVDs that take advantage of the dolby digital outputs. I have tested a DVD with the player and sure enough my amp detects the dolby digital signal.
Can anybody confirm that the DVL-700 only outputs AC-3 for DVDs?

wartibet

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm

It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.