DVL-909 Power Supply

pottsbgstv

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Hello, i just acquired a DVL-909 LD/DVD player. The unit will not turn on and the stand by light will not come on either. I checked the mains fuse, as well as the soldered on fuses they are all good. I disconnected the ARC/Surge diode and no luck. I did find an open resistor which i replaced and it still didn't work. ( i will have to get the number of the resistor) I will do more testing on components to see what components are good and which are bad. I'm by no means an expert at diagnosing electronics. Does anyone have a service manual for this unit? or any ideas on how to repair the PSU? Will anyone repair it for me $?

I would also like to mention that when i opened the box after receiving it and plugged it in, the standby light came on but when i pressed power it went out. The standby light has not come on since. i was thinking that it was the result of not having any power in the caps?? i don't know.

If anyone has any ideas i would greatly be thankful.

jepinkston

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I have the same problem with my Pioneer CLD-D505 LASERDISC, except the circuit board fuse was blown. I repaced it and it blew again. any suggestions before I really screw it up????

TRENDING THREADS