Pioneer cld 1700 analogue sound

leonardo9910

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Good day, I have a pioneer cld-1700. Inserted a LD [VD CB01 02] flashing video say: analogue disc - no sound and then play the movie without soundtrack. I have connected this unit with analogue connectors to TV (no scart) and with optical cable to ampli:why doesn't can be hear at least from TV speaker? remote button AUDIO have not effect (1/R 2/L STEREO).. please help me, what's wrong? this player can not play analog audio? :(

No, it can't play that disk. Digital audio disk only.

At first, there were models that played analog and digital, then they phased out the analog playback. But there are several hundred titles that were made with digital sound, which you can still buy and play.

leonardo9910

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Of course it is a moral affront derived from a form of mental illness: is now essential and imperative that I see this laserdisc in its entirety rather than its copy on DVD or VHS ...:) if I want to buy a player (Pioneer) with analog audio what do you recommended?

I am sorry about the mental fixation, the compulsive obsession which pertains to playing analog sound tracks from old laser disks...
Laser disk is a Cool format- many people say better sound and picture quality than the present day DVD. You can buy movie titles cheap from used second hand dealers.
Remember that the Laserdisk is an obsolete format. Frequently these old players will need cleaning, lubrication, adjustment, rubber belt replacement. There are no new parts available.
If you have the tools, technical know how and patience to maintain one it can be a fun hobby.
But keep in mind that when you buy one, it may need service or parts replacement, and quite often will need all of the above. For the person who just wants to watch movies, get a DVD player instead.