Muzer

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
So, I (somewhat foolishly?) on a whim bought a broken CLD-D515 Laserdisc player off eBay, just because I think Laserdiscs seem pretty cool. Reading the description, it sounded to me like it was an internal fuse/power supply capacitor problem (symptom being no activity whatsoever when you try to turn it on). Therefore, I thought that, in comparison with more mechanical issues, it would be a relatively easy fix for someone who knows one end of a soldering iron from the other

While I'm waiting for it, then, I'm just wondering if anyone happens to have any experience with repairing this generation of Pioneer Laserdisc players (specifically their PSUs), and have any insight into what repair might involve.

Thanks!

Muzer

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Just received it today, unfortunately it seems there are a few mechanical things broken on it as well - the laser had come off its mounting and the motor snapped off (including the cable), the upper spindle thing, where the white piece joins to the black piece with the big spring, one of the clips has broken. I'll look at those when I get there, though.

I've checked the power supply - all the fuses SEEM fine (though I haven't taken them out of the board as many of them are soldered in, just testing them in place, so it's possible ). No voltages at all are coming out that I can find (I tested some of the random lines marked with voltages against ground on the main board, and also the small 2-pin connector on the PSU board itself). I can't see any capacitors that have leaked, etc. The power cable (including fuse) work fine as well, as does the socket.

niko-apple

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Hello, I contact you "Muzer" to know, because I do not quite understand if your drive works or not. In case it does not work I seek the power of this drive for mine, would you be willing to sell it to me? (For in fact I need the small white flat cable 21 pins). As the connector of this cable to power. My email: is
niko-apple (@) live.be. Thank you and good day. Nicolas