Your question

Best 13-14 inch gaming laptop

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Gaming
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
July 8, 2014 1:05:21 PM

So I'm looking for the best 13-14 inch gaming laptop. I've looked into a few brands here and there, and I found these two to be pretty good:

CyberPowerPC XPLORER X3-9100

and

iBUYPOWER Battalion 101 W230SS

I've looked into Alienware 14 and ORIGIN EON13S, but the specs don't meet up with the two above, at least in comparison via CPU and GPU.

Any suggestions? Comments?

More about : inch gaming laptop

a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 8, 2014 3:53:22 PM

If you have any questions about our laptop, I'd be happy to help :) 

(obviously, biased here)
July 9, 2014 1:14:06 PM

And this is dumb, but how well do you think this would run games (at minimum settings, of course)?

By games, I would say pretty much any popular game nowadays: LoL, CoD - Ghosts, BF4 (as if, right?), etc.

This is more of a joke, but honestly, what'd you say? How about in comparison to the two builds above? ;) 
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2014 1:37:15 PM

OP the laptops you've selected are literally the same thing. Just put together by different people. I'd trust IBUYpower more than cyberpower though. since they throw in a few goodies which is always nice.
on to your joke-ish question:
your first 2 laptops could play almost any games at 1080p high - max settings. things like metro require reduced MSAA and potentially 900p.
the lenovo g40 just won't play metro, BF4 and others similar. else it would play LoL at minimum settings, and I mean bare minimum may be at 30fps.
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2014 1:48:26 PM

dasulman said:
OP the laptops you've selected are literally the same thing. Just put together by different people. I'd trust IBUYpower more than cyberpower though. since they throw in a few goodies which is always nice.
on to your joke-ish question:
your first 2 laptops could play almost any games at 1080p high - max settings. things like metro require reduced MSAA and potentially 900p.
the lenovo g40 just won't play metro, BF4 and others similar. else it would play LoL at minimum settings, and I mean bare minimum may be at 30fps.

What he said :) 
July 9, 2014 3:03:41 PM

I like it! Either way, though, it'll work, so all good! Thanks guys :D 
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2014 3:05:47 PM

If you have any other questions about anything, feel free to ask. :)  I'm pretty honest!
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS