Battery Maintenance for ASUS Laptops

CB41

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014
I was having issues with my brand new ASUS N550LV Laptop battery, the battery light would flash amber reguardless of what I tried and would not fully charge ... after researching the net and becoming fustrated I decided to look inside my laptop and the following is what I did to resolve my battery issue.

TRY THIS:
1. Turn off then Unplug your Laaptop, remove the battery if it is compartmented, if not you will have to open your Laptop case (find an examples on Youtube or the web for your specific model) then remove the battery .
2. Using a clean tooth brush carefully brush off the battery contacts (on both the battery and on the laptop connector) DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE .. Yeah it looks cool but dont touch the other stuff ... you could zap something with your static finger.
3. Carefully replace the battery and ensure the retainers are set.(replace the cover if you had to go in)
4. Plug in you AC adapter and connect it to your laptop.
5. Leave it until the battery is fully charged.
6. Once the battery is 100% charged click Start button, and go to Control Panel.
7. Select Power Options, create a new power plan by clicking Create a power plan.
8. Name the plan something like Battery maintenenace , then click Next.
9. Select Never under battery value for "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" you want to drain the battery at full power, then click Create.
(This will prevent your notebook from turning off the display and entering Sleep mode to help drain battery faster).
10. Next unplug AC power adapter.
11. Select a movie to play or a DVD or a MP3 file and loop it continusly.
12. Set your WMP or VLC player to repeat mode and start the playback.
13. Allow the player to play until the laptop turns off from battery drain.
14. Plug in the AC power and restart your laptop, let it charge to 100%.
15. change the power plan back to your default plan.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved as mine was.
use as normal

I recommend doing this once a month to help cycle the battery fully and calibrate the battery (you should not have to clean the battery pins again unless the symptoms come back after many months), If this does not help you may want to have to replace the battery (Always use OEM replacement parts).

CB