Is that really bad? I am a customer, bought a overpriced Laptops and Dell said I can't complaint?

Do you have same problems like I do?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xeNiumw0w

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
1st Message:
Dear XeNiumw0w,

We are writing in reference to your post in the Dell Community, described as follows:

Board: Owners Club - Alienware Club

Date: 4/14/2014

Title: Alienware M17x R5

While we value your participation in the Dell Community, we have edited the post described above because it violates the Dell Community Terms of Service. You may remember that you agreed to abide by these Terms of Service when you registered with our website. If you would like to review the Terms of Service, you can find them at the following link:

http://en.community.dell.com/content/TOU.aspx

Your post contains language that we believe to be harassing, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable. Use of such language violates the Terms of Service, and must be edited in order to allow your post. Prohibited words and phrases include those in which certain letters have been replaced with alternate characters. Unlawful language may include any statements that might reasonably be interpreted as a violation of the intellectual property rights of any person, including a trademark, copyright or patent.

For your convenience, a copy of the original post also appears at the end of this message. Please keep in mind that continued violations of the Terms of Service may cause you to lose your posting privileges.

Thanks for cooperating and participating in the Dell Community.

Sincerely,

DTG07833

Dell Community | Administration Service

Copy of original post:

"A couple weeks ago I bought Alienware M17x R5, I brought it to home and upgrade some software "Not Alienware applications" like Windows Update and Nvidia, before updating the Nvidia, everything works fine, except the AlienFX, the lights seems to be not turned on properly, and after update Nvidia, there's message pop out after I restart the computer "Bad Image File", something like that, so I decided to re-send it to the shop and they replace it with the new one.
For me, what the hell? He only send me a email and think the problems is done? I still need a guide, agent. I not declared that my problems is solved and you already say "Farewell" to me?"

Disclaimer: This message is a private communication between the Dell Community and you and should not be posted to the message boards. Public posting of this message may result in immediate banning of your Dell Community account.
2nd Message:
Dear XeNiumw0w,

We are writing in reference to your post in the Dell Community, described as follows:

Date: 4/15/2014

Title: Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 or 8.1 RT?

While we value your participation in the Dell Community, we have edited the post described above because it violates the Dell Community Terms of Service. You may remember that you agreed to abide by these Terms of Service when you registered with our website. If you would like to review the Terms of Service, you can find them at the following link:

Your post contains language that we believe to be harassing, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable. Use of such language violates the Terms of Service, and must be edited in order to allow your post. Prohibited words and phrases include those in which certain letters have been replaced with alternate characters. Unlawful language may include any statements that might reasonably be interpreted as a violation of the intellectual property rights of any person, including a trademark, copyright or patent.

For your convenience, a copy of the original post also appears at the end of this message. Please keep in mind that continued violations of the Terms of Service may cause you to lose your posting privileges.

Sincerely,

DTG07833

Dell Community | Administration Services

Copy of original post:

"I've no problems with Windows XP and 7, honestly I will choose XP because its much more stable and the most compitable Windows Operating System I ever know for the most software I ever use, but well, no longer supported by Microsoft, holy, why?!

Windows 7 is a little bit heavy but well maybe it because my previous personal computer spectification, it sucks, but to play for most of my games and do my work, it work like a charm, well some of them, need 1-6 seconds to respond, but it's not a problem since I am using a personal computer with only 500 USD budget."

-----------------------

Disclaimer: This message is a private communication between the Dell Community and you and should not be posted to the message boards. Public posting of this message may result in immediate banning of your Dell Community account.
3rd Message:
Dear XeNiumw0w,

Date: 4/14/2014

Title: Alienware M17x R5

Sincerely,

DTG07833

Dell Community | Administration Service

Copy of original post:

"A couple weeks ago I bought Alienware M17x R5, I brought it to home and upgrade some software "Not Alienware applications" like Windows Update and Nvidia, before updating the Nvidia, everything works fine, except the AlienFX, the lights seems to be not turned on properly, and after update Nvidia, there's message pop out after I restart the computer "Bad Image File", something like that, so I decided to re-send it to the shop and they replace it with the new one.
For me, what the hell? He only send me a email and think the problems is done? I still need a guide, agent. I not declared that my problems is solved and you already say "Farewell" to me?"

4th Message:
Please show me the link and tell me the proper logical reason, is that really bad if you got criticism from your customer, so that's is true, Dell have the most horrible customer support, isnt it?

Results:
[strike]Without any warning, my account is banned from Dell. The message was sent a month ago, i don't visit dell.com very often, last time I check my email no longer registered and when I tried to registered, it does not work.

I am not authorized to post it to the message board and I didn't do that but I still got banned. Honestly, I got lots of complaint about Alienware products, even my PC build (500 USD) is much more better than Alienware. It's seriosuly lags, sometimes it freeze for .5 sec when typing in browser or watching Facebook video, youtube does not cause any trouble, playing DotA 2, editing in Photoshop. I don't know, someone blame McAfee cause that for High Disk Usage, first day impression (it crash, literally, I re-shipped it back asking for refund, rejected, resended with new Alienware), AlienFX lights off, unexpected crash (You know the :( the sad face with blue screen, right?), stucked DVD player (It's scuff 2 of 3 my Alienware DVD, I ask for a fix, they come to my house, change it, I test it, and it still make scuff, can't do anything about it, both of us "the technician that come to my house" agree that the model is causing the trouble, well the trouble is much more less, only 1 line of scuff now everytime I put DVD in that DVD player, before the repair, everytime I put DVD, there's lots of scuff made by the DVD player).

I am very unhappy about the service they gave to me, except the technician came to my house 2 times, but they said next year I must come to them, not them anymore, perhaps because of I have 2 years guarantee but in dell.com it's only registered 1 years, they said don't worry just show the bill note to the Dell and the guarantee will remain even in Dell official site it's expired, it's because the shipment date, 2013, as long they keep their promise, I am fine with that.

I am not recommend you to buy this overpriced Laptops if you do not want to get angry to Dell, I am a Dell server customer and pretty happy about it but well, today I am angry to the Dell service, it's horrible[/strike].

I am re-writing the results, it's kinda messy.
Without any warning, my account is banned from Dell (Some of you may say that, you got the email, that's the warning, well basicly, they just edit every message I wrote and I didn't re-edit them, I didn't posts their email to the message board but still, I got banned for complaint, isn't it?). The message sent a month ago, 6 May and 11 May. I am writing this because I am upset of the Dell service, I paid for a overpriced Laptops (seriously bad decision, I never bought expensive stuff without looking the specs and my needs, mostly I will reconsidered it for a week, what I need is a mobile Laptops that I can carry everywhere, and I look at Alienware, the design is pretty beatiful for me and then I bought it without knowing the proper specs for my needs.

First day of using Alienware, it crashed, does not want to start, AlienFX lights right or left side is dead, including the touchpad and Alienware text and head logo, literally, I ask for refund and they refused and re-send me a new Alienware (same specs, same shipment date, 2013).
Week by week, someday it suddenly crashed, you know the :( sad face with blue background, right? and in the end I need to reinstall (perhaps a week or 2 more week after the sad face with blue background problem)
and this one occurs the first time I am using the Alienware, DVD player that make scuff, everytime I put a DVD inside and pull it out again, it got scuff, so I call technician 2 or 3 last week ago (after a vacation) after the DVD do not want to come out anymore, the technician came to my house and replace it with the new one and we test it with a new DVD, I show the DVD first to the technician and it cleans, and we test it out, put it on the DVD player, pull it out, and it got 1 line of scuff (before the replacement, it much more worst, everytime I pull it out from the DVD player it cause more than 1 line of scuff).
I bought a 2 years guarantee but I look at dell.com that my guarantee ends in 2015, I bought it in 2014, it should be end in 2016, but it doesn't. I ask the Dell Store, they told me, it's fine just show the bill note to the Dell and they will fix your problem If you got problems in 2015 (the warranty expired based dell.com). They also told us that, we only come to you for 1 years, the next year, you must come to us.

Honestly, I do not recommended everyone to buy a overpriced Laptops especially Alienware, if you want to play games but also want to get a mobile function, just bought a Laptops with i3 or i5, lots cheaper, lots lighter, lots thinner, lots less attract thief. In the first time I want to buy a Laptops because I want to mobile function but I have no idea why I buy Alienware, a gaming Laptops, I don't play a high spec games.

Listen, do not buy a overpriced Laptops, it's not worthed, build your own PC, cost less, less problems (most of PC parts also got their own warranty) or buy cheaper Laptops.

TechCIDLC

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I've seen some Alienware laptops that work FANTASTIC. But most, are crappy. You should have come to these forums before buying an Alienware product.

xeNiumw0w

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Yes, that's one of my mistake. I am blinded by the design and the need of mobile feature, I have no idea why I buy Alienware, just in a minute I change my mind! I waste my dollars for crappy build Laptops, packed with horrible Dell service.

Recycled

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
1. Technically, You used words like "hell," "holy," and "sucks."
Dell makes their money off little old ladies, schools, and HR departments.

2. Your posts are hard to read, and that makes some Dell drone not want to help You.

3. You are not saying good things about their product, and do not seem to be asking a specific technical question. This annoys the true believers at Dell.

#2 and #3 are not in their TOS, but they do have a small impact.

Recycled

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
I want to cheer on Dell for including the posts in the messages saying they were removed. Most people would just delete them.

Worse yet, I've had moderators here at Tom's Hardware misread my posts, then when I showed they were wrong, they edited my posts to say what they mistakenly thought I said. They claimed it was for clarity, then banned (my other account - RecycledElectrons) for arguing with them.

xeNiumw0w

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

1. That's true but I am posting it on a specific sub forum, alienware. I believe old ladies, schools and HR departemens won't buy Alienware, they will buy another Dell products, there's greater chance they buy another Dell products. In the end they edited it, and I don't re-edit them back. Beside that, I don't really believe they edit it because of those 3 words, because if I am not wrong, they remove the entire paragraph they don't like or perhaps they also delete my threads too (I don't really remember my threads since I have to uninstall my Laptops, so losing every website I have visited, but I do believe lost some threads there.). Please look at the 4th Message.

2. It's only part of my posts, they just show the paragraph they don't like in the message.

3. I do ask specific question, like I said before, they only show the paragraph they don't like, mostly that was in the last paragraph, where I am showing my dissapontment to Dell.

I am asking you, am I wrong? I don't use inappropriate words (such as f*ck, b*tch or else). I believe holy, hell and sucks still acceptable to express my dissapointment to Dell, because I just spent $3000 USD for a crappy build Laptops with low service. I am trying to express my feeling not try to insult them directly, that's different.

If they want to sell a overpriced Laptops, I believe they must be ready to recieve some criticize, but instead discussing with their customer in a public forum, they threaten their customer via message to not share the message after they edit the message.