transfer files from samsungs galaxy 3tab to ext sd card

Griffin24

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to transfer files from my tabs internal memory to the external sd card. I went to the my files app & I am copying and pasting to the ext card but it keeps saying access denied. It also says this when I try to create a folder on the sd card. The tab recognises the sd card & it 64gb space, so am not sure where I'm going wrong. I bought this card of ebay, think I've been sold a dodgy one :(

Karthik Ga

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
Most probably its encrypted with some secure software provided nowadays by for Pendrives and SD cards OR it might the EBAY guys triying to sell of stuff which wont work:(
Try this;

unplug your usb , goto run and type this gpedit.msc. On computer configuration >> Administrative Templates >> System, select Removable Storage Access on the left panel

find "Removable Disks: Deny execute access,deny write,deny read access,
all removable storage deny" on the right panel

open them and disable all these four options.
plug in ur Sd card now.

caohilipnat

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
find "Removable Disks: Deny execute access,deny write,deny read access,
all removable storage deny" on the right panel
CYbOsn

alwaysrwa2007

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014

alwaysrwa2007

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
I also am having the same problem with transferring data to my 64 SD card. And ever since the space on the Samsung Tab3 filled up I have been getting messages like "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped and Unfortunately, Samsung WatchON has Stopped. I cannot seem to get any of my numerous music files to move to the External Card so basically I am up the creek w/o a paddle here? I am going back to Sprint and making them fix this and write down what it is that they did.

Nym Phai

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014

I have the same problem T____T

SMG Hercups

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015

I have tried everything on this forum...but nothing worked for my gal tab 7 ....until I just start playing around with some buttons and it was as simple as copy and paste and delete....I am no techie.....but here is what worked for me and maybe it can work for you....went to apps...myfiles....storage......sdcard checked box for all files....hit copy tab at upper left corner....went to extsdcard.....hit tab or created folder where I wanted copied files to land.....hit paste.....waited until loaded completely...went back and recheck storage capacity at settings.....now my ext storage card is being utilized....went back to sdcard 0 and hit tab to highlight all files and hit delete or trash or you decide where you want yours.....waited until files deleted...went back to setting and check storage capacity and waahlaaah....I now have 4 gb of storage again......hope it works for you...thanks