What Should My Next Phone Be?

Tman450

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
So, i get my phone upgrade with verizon on the 11th.

(yes, i know verizon sucks, but i can;t switch, i'm on a family plan w/my family.)

So, what should my next Smartphone be? i'm disappointed with my choices, the only two seem ot be the HTC one M8 or GS5, wit hthe G3 and X+1 being too far down the road for me tp upgrade.. :(

Oh, and i'm an android enthusiast. sorry, no iPhones.

Solution
Since you're coming from a rooted Galaxy Nexus I would stay away from the Galaxy S5. It now has root access, but the custom ROM scene is pretty weak since the bootloader is locked down. I have the HTC One M8 and am really enjoying it. It's fully unlocked and there is quite a lot of development going on for it. I would either go with the M8 or wait it out for the LG G3, but I have no idea how long that will be or how tightly Verizon will lock it down.

Tman450

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

you think i should wait?
my phone
s kind of... dead. Galaxy Nexus rooted custom everything, replaced battery and it still barely lasts a few hours.

the one M8 looks pretty nice.... or shoudl i wait.. GAH! CHOICES!

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
My suggestion is Galaxy S5. This phone have great 16MP cam with 4k video recording. It also comes in great colors and what I like is its finger print scanner. Just imagine you are somewhere at work and you unlock phone with your finger like a boss! This phone is water proof up to one meter and 30 minutes. You can take underwater pictures, use in shower or capture your self a picture in water ^.^. Its quad core processor is intensive enough to handle any heavy apps, multi windows. GPU is also powerful that you can play all games on that phone. It is also installed with latest kitkat OS. Heart rate sensor is also a cool feature to have in phone. Beside it has many other sensors that include, proximity, accelerometer, gyro, compass, air pressure and others too I forgot. Not necessary but if you can afford galaxy gear 2 watch it would be a cool combination of smart watch + smartphone!

shortstuff_mt

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
Since you're coming from a rooted Galaxy Nexus I would stay away from the Galaxy S5. It now has root access, but the custom ROM scene is pretty weak since the bootloader is locked down. I have the HTC One M8 and am really enjoying it. It's fully unlocked and there is quite a lot of development going on for it. I would either go with the M8 or wait it out for the LG G3, but I have no idea how long that will be or how tightly Verizon will lock it down.

Solution

Tman450

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

Thanks for your response! the Galaxy S5 is a nice phone, but the only thing keeping me away from it is touchwiz TBH.
I have a solar, waterproof, shockproof, atomic watch so i don't need a smartwatch. ;) thanks anyway though, good reasons!

I tend to agree with you. as much as the S5 is a nice phone, i don't think i would enjoy touchwiz. i'll probably go for the HTC one M8, because i won't be able to wait that much longer (if i turn my phone on, it'll last 1-2 hours in my pocket without use). And because i need a rooted phone ;)

wish i could get a Z2 :(