Question about this Android All in One system? Please?

JLat53

Estimable
Jun 20, 2014
I was wondering about this All in One Android computer. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-slate-21-5-touchscreen-all-in-one-white-nvidia-tegra-t40s-8-gb-flash-1gb-ram-android-4-2-2-21-k100ca/10274126.aspx?lang=en-CA&pcname=&sku=10274126&path=e1dde768595cd058e4c6cbd548c054eden02

Is there a way to put something along the lines of Microsoft word or a way to type on it as i would like to use it as a way to type for school. Also what are the different features of Android compared to say an old Windows Vista Dell with a crappy CPU and GPU. I know that my Dell will do a lot more better things than the HP, but how will it compare?

Thanks

Solution
It should be enough for web browsing and Youtube video. It'll play Android games made for tablets (since it is sort of a blown up tablet really) though those won't have the same graphical quality as higher end Windows games played on a top gaming PC. It might not be as responsive and "quick" doing anything as a top-end Windows system; it will run like a high end tablet (again, since it essentially is a tablet inside)

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
As far as Word, you'd need to download an app from the Play store (Android allows apps to be installed from other sources but apps installed from sources other than the Google Play store have much higher risk of malware). Examples:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/7-best-word-processing-apps-for-tablets-1137180

(note the Google QuickOffice app has been discontinued)

Android will run Android programs while Windows runs Windows programs; that particular model won't have the same processing power as a decent Intel/AMD system but for the sort of stuff it's made for it shouldn't need it.

JLat53

Estimable
Jun 20, 2014

Will surfing the web, like going into FaceBook and Twitter be quick, along with 720p music videos or gaming videos on YouTube and the watching Netflix in decent quality?

Thanks again

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
It should be enough for web browsing and Youtube video. It'll play Android games made for tablets (since it is sort of a blown up tablet really) though those won't have the same graphical quality as higher end Windows games played on a top gaming PC. It might not be as responsive and "quick" doing anything as a top-end Windows system; it will run like a high end tablet (again, since it essentially is a tablet inside)

Solution