• Plantronics GameCom 78

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Addsome

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new gaming headset since my old x12s just broke. Please don't tell me to buy headphone+mic combo because I really do not want to buy a sound card for my PC. Here are the options I have found so far.

- Logitech G430- $60
- Logitech G35- $100
- SteelSeries Siberia V2- $85 (I've read that the Siberia v2 is great but it doesn't have the simulated 7.1 surround sound.)
- Plantronics GameCom 780- $45-80 (I don't understand the price of this one because on newegg.ca there is a LOL version that is cheaper than the normal version. I will post a link below.) (Link to Gamecom 780)

At first I was torn between the G430 and G35, but then I started researching around and found out about the other two. Also is there a difference in sound quality between the G430 and G35? Is the G35 worth the $40 extra?

I need a headset that would obviously sound better than my old x12s.
Or I could always buy another pair of x12s for $40 if they are as good as the ones I listed.

Addsome

Honorable
May 14, 2012
For some reason the forums were not allowing me to update my post. Just wanted to add the following. I want to preferably spend less than $100 Canadian and if you have links it should be able to ship to Canada.

Joris

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
At this price range I would recommend stay away from virtual surround as you will lack in sound quality, if you really want a surround headset you would haveto spend over 150 $ to get decent sound compared to stereo headsets, Iif you want something cheap and good sounding I would recommend creative fatality series they'rthey'r around 40 $ anand if you would like a more expensivepair seinheiser should be the brand I would recommend

Joris

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
The siberia v2's are great but I would get a headphones instead of a headset and get a dedicated mic as this will raise the bar for sound quality, most gaming headsets are only good for gaming as they will have extreme bass responses below 100hz and will sound terrible at mid to high frequencys (movies, music etc.)