Kindle Fire HD - LCD Replacement Help

Jeff Heath

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
Hello, I am having trouble helping a friend repair her Kindle Fire HD. The LCD is cracked (not the glass, somehow) so I know I have to replace the LCD. When looking on eBay for a replacement LCD screen, I didn't come across any that looked exactly like the part I need. Below is an image of what I have.

10449381_10154322358265387_1580899787_o.jpg

As I said before, I looked on eBay and this is the closest match I could find. The front panel looks like it should, but the back panel looks nothing like what I am working with. It doesn't even appear to have screw holes in it. I am really confused. Is this the right part?

Solution
You might find that the screen protector needs to be removeed before you see the actual screen. This will require heat from a heat gun or perhaps a powerful hair drier being applied to the face off the protector, then gently teasing it off a half inch at at a time, being extremely careful.
You might find that the screen protector needs to be removeed before you see the actual screen. This will require heat from a heat gun or perhaps a powerful hair drier being applied to the face off the protector, then gently teasing it off a half inch at at a time, being extremely careful.

Solution