Ematic Android Tablet will not recognize SD Card

robwbright

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014
Hello:

Recently purchased two ematic android tablets for my kids (4.2.2). The tablets work fine, but will not recognize either SD card I bought for them.

They're generic SD cards, but both cards show up on my laptop and seem to work fine on there.

Any ideas? I've tried restarting the tablets, inserting and reinserting the SD cards, etc...

Thanks

robwbright

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014
The "Format Card" option lights up with the card in... sometimes. I formatted card. Still didn't show up. Formatted card with Laptop (FAT32). Still didn't show up.

stumblebum

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
After attempting most of the procedures above I finally found a solution that worked for me. It may or may not work for you as it may have been an accident that I found this and may be perculier to my setup. Under "My Computer" my Ermatic tablet appears as 2 drives, The "ES" tablet and a second SD drive (drive letter will depend on the number of drives in your system). When putting files on the external SD drive under the "ES" external SD, the file explorer app does not see them. It reports an empty or no folder. Consequently, putting the files into the second drive works very well as all files are then recognized. This is similar to my first tablet which was a NOOK.