Best Smartphones on the Market Now (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancelot123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Not on this list, but I wouldn't trade my Moto X for any of these phones. Well, maybe I'd trade it, sell it, buy a new Moto X and pocket the extra cash, haha. I did quite a bit of research before buying it a few weeks ago. Had it narrowed down to a S5, Xperia Z1 Compact and the Moto X. I certainly made the right decision.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Not on this list, but I wouldn't trade my Moto X for any of these phones. Well, maybe I'd trade it, sell it, buy a new Moto X and pocket the extra cash, haha. I did quite a bit of research before buying it a few weeks ago. Had it narrowed down to a S5, Xperia Z1 Compact and the Moto X. I certainly made the right decision.

The first model Moto X wouldn't even be considered on this list because when it was released last year it was already behind on specs yet wasn't very cheap. Not sure how you think you could sell it, buy the new one for well over $400 and have money to leftover to pocket.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
HTC One M8 Android > WP Version; in my opinion. I got hands on with the windows 8.1 version the other week and cortana is pretty cute but it's not that integrated yet. They should iron out some flaws on it which mostly include just overall system utliization and optimization of it as it got a bit warmer when I played with it for an extended period of time.

Still like my android M8 and not planning on switching.

Nuckles_56

Estimable
May 25, 2014
HTC One M8 Android > WP Version; in my opinion. I got hands on with the windows 8.1 version the other week and cortana is pretty cute but it's not that integrated yet. They should iron out some flaws on it which mostly include just overall system utliization and optimization of it as it got a bit warmer when I played with it for an extended period of time.

Still like my android M8 and not planning on switching.
Cortana is just like siri when she was first released, pretty buggy and useless at this point in time

Bryne

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
Iphone 6 Plus best camera phone??? That all thanks to an 'inspiring' Apple speech, a new marketing term like iSight and maybe a couple of minutes hands on. Amazing how you can then decide it is better than, let's say, a Lumia 1020 with a proven Pureview camera. Tom's Guide has fallen hard from an authority on hardware to a blabbering, non thinking scribbler on the web.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Iphone 6 Plus best camera phone??? That all thanks to an 'inspiring' Apple speech, a new marketing term like iSight and maybe a couple of minutes hands on. Amazing how you can then decide it is better than, let's say, a Lumia 1020 with a proven Pureview camera. Tom's Guide has fallen hard from an authority on hardware to a blabbering, non thinking scribbler on the web.

Maybe the OP meant "best camera among iPhones". Otherwise I would not understand why a phone that's NOT on the market yet made it on the "Best Smartphones on the Market Now" list.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
I just bought the M8 android, 128gb sd, BT keyb, UAG maverick cover
well, i'm not a videomaker or photographer and i don't plan to swim and take selfies in water with it... i like quality material, performance and battery life. I was a Nokia fanboy when the world wasn't crazy about touchscreens

Blueridge

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
I'm also not comfortable with the fact that a phone that was just launched, and has no proper review coverage, not to mention feedback from actual users, made it in this list.
I knew Tom's was more thorough in its statements, that in the past, were formulated after extensive tests, not just marketing promises/terms and some very little reviewer hands-on experience.

Sep 23, 2014
Actually, the Google Nexus 5 is better than the Samsung Galaxy S5 because it has pure Android, making it faster. Also, the Nexus gets new system updates sooner than Galaxy S5.

Tawqeer

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
HTC one M 8 andtiod wins the contest by long margin while as LG 3 and Experia Z3 hold second spot. I phobe 6 at no 3...

The technician

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
Baby start doing some research non of the above are good phones had you done some research you would realise that there is nothing better then the LG G3.

camron

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really recognise what you're talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my web site.gsmareeb.com/samsung

Rakeen70210

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
Surprised the nexus 5 didnt make it onto this list. It has great hardware, the lean android interface w/o any useless stuff, and has an amazing price.

Status
Not open for further replies.