Anyone else notice this about haswell laptops(Battery life)

Manuel Macalinao

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
We use to have 4400mah - 5200mah for batteries. Now we have 2700-3200mah on a 14-15.6 laptop. Even the Asus ROG g550 only has 4 cell 4400mah, My n53sv has a 5200mah, Tablets nowadays have 6k- 11k batteries, My Ipad Air has 8k. Wasn't the purpose of haswell power efficiency? then why did we got smaller batteries. What's the point of making haswell if the Asus and other brands decrease the batteries. Even portable batteries reach 12000mah on a handheld package. Portable Batteries are cheap you can easily get a 20kmah for 69dollars, so I don't think it's because of cost. I know huge batteries have longer charging time but still I don't feel like windows laptops are not getting any better when it comes to battery life. I know my 5200mah can reach a 5hr minimum on i7 haswell for web browsing. Look at how huge the improvement of haswell to macbooks. I only wish Asus MSI, and other companies did not do this to us. I am just disappointed that I have to vent this out. Hopefully I'm not the only one that is disappointed about this. I really want everyone to spread this message and get an answer.