Look for a productivity/leisure android tablet with some performance.

DazleFrazle

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Hey all.

To be honestly, I never thought I'd want a tablet until recently. The tablets seem to be getting more powerful and as a result I really could use one since my laptop is getting really old.

Currently I'm using a full desktop, but when I'm on the go a tablet would be great. Here is why I would be using one:

1. taking notes, writing short reports.
2. Bringing a calendar everywhere via cloud.
3. Keeping up with the news, and suchlike updates.
4. emails.
5. reading comic books.

I'd prefer at least 10 inch screen. Does not need LTE.

I do want something with a decent screen at least 2gb memory, or 3gb memory. A non-glitchy, smooth experience. Something like an ipad that would last a few years without being completely useless.

I was looking at the samsung tab S which is coming out soon. But that is at the very top of my budget. Since I would like to spend sub 400 but my budget is around sub-500 if it's a reasonable step up.

I don't intend on buying anything until mid july so if it's not released yet but will be soon let me know too.

Thanks to all!

DazleFrazle

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
I'm considering that one, but it's roughly $50 cheaper than the galaxy tab s in my country. Seeing as the galaxy has a better screen and an extra gig of ram I think it's a better option would it not be?

What would be the best for the 300-400$ price range?

for 300-400 range id get asus t100 its more of a productivity laptop / tablet though :

http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-T100TA-C1-GR-Detachable-Touchscreen-Laptop/dp/B00FFJ0HUE

DazleFrazle

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Yea I considered that, and it looks great but what's dissuading me is the windows 8 which I'm not particularly crazy about. Any android equivalent?

TRENDING THREADS