how can I get a graphics tablet work with a touchscreen laptop as the system seems to limit the graphics tablet to a mouse onl

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanbw

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
I have a Trust flex ultra thin graphics tablet and a HP Pavillion 15 which has a touchscreen with 10 , touch points. How ever whilst I managed to get the graphics tablet to work with Windows 7, the moment I upgraded the laptop to windows 8, the graphics tablet does not function at all.
The laptop has a control panel feature that has controls as if the tablet was a mouse but even then, no matter how many times I connect and reconnect the tablet, the laptop does not recognise the tablet.
I have Googled the subject but annoyingly, all I get are sales links to the same tablet but no solution. Can anyone help?

Solution
I'm not familiar with trust tablets but is there a way to switch from mouse and tablet mode? Having a touchscreen shouldn't affect other input devices. Just saying usb tablet sounds like the generic name so makes me question if the driver is installing correctly.

seanbw

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
K1114: Yes I have installed that driver. The system sees that I have a USB tablet but when I try to configure the tablet, it only has mouse abilities.
i7Baby: The purpose of having a graphics tablet is so I can do designs. It is very difficult to draw with a mouse so a tablet with stylus would have been the answer. Are you saying I can draw on the touchscreen? I don't think I am that good an artist besides the positioning is all wrong. My stylus will be vertical/slanted instead of upright/downwards facing which is the natural position when handwriting or drawing.
I am open to suggestions though if you think I can use the screen to draw with.
I am also thinking that Trust have not updated their drivers adequately to cater for a system with touchscreen and tablet. Maybe Ubuntu will be the solution? Dual booting I am not fond of but ....
Thanks to both of you.

k1114

Distinguished
I'm not familiar with trust tablets but is there a way to switch from mouse and tablet mode? Having a touchscreen shouldn't affect other input devices. Just saying usb tablet sounds like the generic name so makes me question if the driver is installing correctly.

Solution

seanbw

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
I believe you are right. My trawl of Trust website indicates that my system Windows 8.1 has no specific drivers created for it. When I access the downloads site, the first response is "No driver available for the detected operating system of your computer" then follows is a list of all the drivers available.
I then choose the windows 8 64bit driver in the hope that it will work but it doesn't.
The solution I think is to search for a tablet driver - that will work on windows 8.1 64bit. I think a generic driver will be best because the tablet itself is a simple one that allows graphic drawings.
Question is where to get one. I will try download.com.
If you are aware of a site which may have a driver, please let me know. thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

seanbw

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
OK. I have downloaded the Wacom driver which I think is a fit. However from your point of view, instead of directly installing it, I should use the device manager? By doing it this way, it tells the system to use the wacom driver with the trust tablet tying both together. Thank you for that suggestion. Maybe I should uninstall the Trust driver first? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.