LG Mach Hardware keyboard not working with android Chrome browser

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
The caps and symbols on my LG Mach (ICS 4.0.4) do not work when using the Chrome browser app for Android with my slide-out qwerty hardware keyboard. Only the basic functions are operable. There is no way to adjust for this anywhere on my handset or within the application. Please don't tell me to use the touchscreen. Using this for a laptop substitute. If I wanted a touchscreen-only device, I would have bought one of those.

Solution

Try using firefox or another browser.

Zircoben

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014

Try using firefox or another browser.

Solution

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
Thanks. I googled the same question on the Web and noticed more than a few Mach and other QWERTY phone users with the same problem. Seems Google just decided to "forget" some of us need to use our keyboards and left out the necessary code to accomplish this function. Firefox is good for old-school Websites stuck in the PC/MAC era and works with QWERTY phones. I also discovered a cloud-based browser called Puffin that transcodes Flash on their servers and sends it back to your device fully visible and audible. Great for ICS and above for viewing videos on non-HTML5 TV station web sites. It also has a cool trackpad, which enables mousing the same way as on a desktop and makes your device behave just like one. It's also fast, which will make Firefox seem very slow when you go back to it.

Zircoben

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014

Cool. That's good to hear. I have heard of Puffin before, and if you need Flash, it is a great option.

Maxthon is also a good one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mx.browser