Realtek Audio Problems

Ryan Cromack

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Okay. When I have my playback device set to the default 'Logitech g430,' the headphones work, but without the 7.1 surround sound they should come with. When I try to use the realtek audio device, no sound comes out at all. Also, I do not understand any of this kind of stuff, so explain in detail on what i should do, preferably with screenshots.

It could be a realtek or windows config problem if you haven't set those up correctly. btw, are you using a laptop or desktop? Desktop front outputs are notorious for not working(like never hooked up, came loose) for a number of reasons but the rear speaker outputs should be fine.

It would help us if you told us the model of your computer, just to eliminate more questions.

be seeing you, the Prisoner...

Ryan Cromack

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014

I'm on a desktop. This is really important to et fixed soon, as I play games like CS:GO, and having surround sound gives me a massive advantage over players who dont, and of course that isn't working.

My computer is the Advent DT2315, with windows 7 instead of 8.

Ryan Cromack

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014

I'm on a desktop. This is really important to et fixed soon, as I play games like CS:GO, and having surround sound gives me a massive advantage over players who dont, and of course that isn't working.

My computer is the Advent DT2315, with windows 7 instead of 8.

tomc53

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014

Are you using the USB adapter which came with the headphones, or plugging in direct?
And how are you determining that it is not 7.1 surround?

Check here for hints:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset

Also, since from the website it only has three wires in the headset connection, any 'surround' effects will be virtual, generated by the software. Make sure you read the setup guides for gaming setup and are using the software controller.

Ryan Cromack

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014

I'm using the USB, which means on the audio manager I need to use AC97 front panel instead of HD front panel, nether one works I've tried. And on the playback thing, it says that it's just stereo, not surround.

You need to plug the headset into the USB adapter that it comes with. One plug in is for headset speakers and the other for the microphone. The USB device is a sound card. You don't even use the mobo sound/realtek inputs

Like tomc53, you will have to play around with the settings until your satisfied with the surround sound.

Here is a link for the pdf file that explains the setup, at least to hook it up correctly. http://www.logitech.com/assets/47997/g430-surround-sound-gaming-headset-quick-start-guide.pdf.

This link is to show you how to configure the surround sound. http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com...1/lt_product_id/10785/tabs/1,3,2,4,5/cl/us,en.

be seeing you, the Prisoner...

Ryan Cromack

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014

There we go! Thanks man, I appreciate it! <3