Should I get a Nexus 10

tomharto

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
I'm looking to buy a 10" tablet, which will be mostly used for streaming media from XBMC, and so I can develop apps that scale between phones and tablets. I have a Nexus 5, and really like stock Android, I had a Samsung S3 before and hated TouchWiz. I rooted it with Cygenomod and liked that better than TouchWiz but still prefer stock Android.

I've been waiting to see if Google will release an updated Nexus 10, like they did for the Nexus 7, but I can't find anything remotely official saying they will. So my choice at the moment is do I get a Nexus 10 now, with the risk that it's hardware as new as it's competitors, but have the OS I like, or, get something like a Samsung tablet, and be happy that it has new hardware (maybe better, not looked into specs that much at the moment), but get stuck with an OS I don't really like.

Does anyone have experience with either of these tablets, who could give me some insight into how they run and feel?

G

I gave a Galaxy Tab 3 8" which is very good. There is a 10.1" version avaliable. I don't know about XBMC, but I would strongly recommend the Tab 3. Ipads are also very good, plus virus free!