Your question
Solved

Question about storage

Tags:
  • Tablets
  • Android
  • Storage
  • USB
  • Gaming
Last response: in Android Tablets
June 5, 2014 5:27:59 PM

Sorry, Im new to tablets. I have a skytex tablet that says internal storage 1.00GB & USB storage that says 8.00GB. All the games Ive been installing are going to the 1.00GB Int Storage', is there a way to install them to the USB storage? because the Internal is already saying 281 MB available while USB still has 3.36GB available. ohhhh and it has the same apps in both storages because it says 685mb used in Apps internal storage and the same in Apps in USB storage :-/

More about : question storage

June 5, 2014 11:23:45 PM

Which is the OS you are using?? Is it android??
If so, which version??
since android 4.0, installation of apps and games is done in internal storage only, only the data files, such as graphics, sounds etc. are stored on the external storage.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b G Storage
a b Ë Android
June 6, 2014 12:40:22 AM

the 1 gb storage you are talking about is for installing apps and games
and the other 8 gb is present so that you can use your device as mass storage
when you connect your device to pc, the pc shows mass storage i.e 8gb

games like temple run, cut the rope(with only apk, no heavy data files) is stored in internal phone memory (1 gb) and games like modern combat 4, NOVA 3 (with apk and heavy data files) the apk is installed in internal phone memory and data is stored in usb storage

see this video to move apps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwon8Miz7-I

if it doesnt work then your device may not support moving apps
m
0
l
Related resources
June 6, 2014 6:02:08 AM

yash kumar said:
Which is the OS you are using?? Is it android??
If so, which version??
since android 4.0, installation of apps and games is done in internal storage only, only the data files, such as graphics, sounds etc. are stored on the external storage.


Yes it is android, I'm sorry I thought I had mentioned it but I now I realized I didn't, my bad. :D . But yes, its android version 4.2.2. So then does this mean that since I only have 280mb available in the internal storage I shouldn't download anymore games? Or can I still download more and when should I stop, I mean how much mb should I leave free for it to work with no problem? Thank you!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b G Storage
a b Ë Android
June 6, 2014 6:22:36 AM

you can use all your internal memory but after its filled you will get error messages like Low Memory, Delete Some Apps
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 6:27:52 AM

Ravi Gagan said:
you can use all your internal memory but after its filled you will get error messages like Low Memory, Delete Some Apps


So if I buy and sd micro card can I still download games there and be able to play them on the tablet or will they automatically download to internal storage?
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 6:39:31 AM

Ravi Gagan said:
the 1 gb storage you are talking about is for installing apps and games
and the other 8 gb is present so that you can use your device as mass storage
when you connect your device to pc, the pc shows mass storage i.e 8gb

games like temple run, cut the rope(with only apk, no heavy data files) is stored in internal phone memory (1 gb) and games like modern combat 4, NOVA 3 (with apk and heavy data files) the apk is installed in internal phone memory and data is stored in usb storage

see this video to move apps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwon8Miz7-I

if it doesnt work then your device may not support moving apps


I saw the video but that's for an android phone not for the tablet :( 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b G Storage
a b Ë Android
June 6, 2014 6:50:27 AM

procedure is same
Go to setting➡Apps➡ Manage Apps➡click on app you want to move

Note- only certain apps support moving to external memory card
If your device don't support moving apps then you will not see MOVE to SD option in selected app
To forcefully move app to external memory, you have to root your tab and install a app, App2SD
Share
June 6, 2014 8:11:42 AM

Ravi Gagan said:
procedure is same
Go to setting➡Apps➡ Manage Apps➡click on app you want to move

Note- only certain apps support moving to external memory card
If your device don't support moving apps then you will not see MOVE to SD option in selected app
To forcefully move app to external memory, you have to root your tab and install a app, App2SD


that's the thing I forgot to mention that I did try that b4 but after hitting settings-apps- all I get are the apps but no option that says manage apps, now if I click on one of the games it gives me a "move to sd card" option but then if I do that I don't know if I will be able to play the game on the tablet or how it works :-/ Thank u :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b G Storage
a b Ë Android
June 6, 2014 9:08:00 AM

are you able to move the app/game?
Is external memory card installed?
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 9:18:55 AM

Ravi Gagan said:
are you able to move the app/game?
Is external memory card installed?


I haven't bought an sd card for this tablet yet but I do have one laying around that says SanDisk 1.0 GB and when I put it in it says SD Card Total space 8.00 GB available 357mb, I'm confused but I havent tried moving a game over, going to try to move a small game over
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 9:30:58 AM

Go to settings-apps-Select the game you want to move-select move to sd card.
This will do the trick and you can still be able to play the games.
It would just take slightly longer to load the games/levels etc, say 1 second extra but once loaded, it will run fine.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b G Storage
a b Ë Android
June 6, 2014 9:38:32 AM

when you will press the move to SD card, the app/game will move to external SD card and you will be able to play them
but without that external SD card you will be not able to play them
so you have to keep that memory card every time in your tablet

m
0
l
June 6, 2014 9:41:02 AM

Thanks to both Ravi Gagan & yash kumar for your help. Some games don't let me move them like u said Ravi Gagan, but most of them do so I will buy a new sd card and problem solved.
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 9:42:53 AM

Ravi Gagan said:
when you will press the move to SD card, the app/game will move to external SD card and you will be able to play them
but that external SD card you will be not able to play them
so you have to keep that memory card every time in your tablet



Okidoki understood. Thank you very much. What I don't understand is why it says 8.00GB total space on SD card when it's actually a 1GB sd card?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b G Storage
a b Ë Android
June 6, 2014 9:48:41 AM

can you send the screenshot of Storage option

Setting➡Storage
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 10:02:02 AM

Ravi Gagan said:
can you send the screenshot of Storage option

Setting➡Storage


I know how to do the screnshot but I dont know how to send it to u?
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 10:32:55 AM

Ravi Gagan said:
you can email me at rgagan10@gmail.com


ok I sent u the email from emflaca@aol.com
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS