My android will not turn on or charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonkredible

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
This will be my second time my phone shut off on me. First, I bought my phone this March of 2014, I had it sent in May 6, because it just turned off and would not turn back on, ZTE fixed it, yet never told me what was the actual problem. and my phone was not dead, it was actually 80%.I put my phone on the car charger, then once I got to my destination which was about 10min. my phone would not turn on. Fast forward to today June 4, my phone was fine from 10-4pm.On my way to my second job,my phone was going dead, so I put it(phone) on the charger along with the GPS on.My phone was working ok with a signal lost,at times but for the most part it was working properly.All of a sudden, I didn't hear my phone speaking so I checked,and notice it would not turn on. LED light did not come on.So my first intentions is that it was the battery since my phone was dead.But what I do know is that once I plug my phone up to a charger,The LED light, signals on.yet that didn't happen, so I kept it charged for a while like 10-20 min, and checked it again, no response. So I did a technique ZTE repair customer advisor asked me to do, which was hold the power, and bottom volume key at the same time,I did that and it didn't work.The first time I sent it in, they didn't charge(bill) me since my phone is still under manufacturer warranty . I really need your help please and thank you. Ps. I have a ZTE Max 950 (boost mobile).

sob2324

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
Just hold down the power and volume buttons at the same time for about 15-30 secs. It will reboot. it just freezes sometimes. This is the only way to reset it since you cant take the battery out. :)

lenaloserface

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
Hold down both volume buttons and the power button. It should reboot after about 20 seconds. When I did it myself, the red light came on but it still wouldn't turn on. I rebooted it again and everything was fine after that.

Mike_178

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016

THANK YOU!!! I've been looking through forums for hours trying to find a fix for my phone. a few people said to hold down power and the down volume, but you were the only one to suggest holding up, down, and power. Thanks for helping me get my phone rebooted before going to metro pcs and looking like an idiot tomorrow

Mccromer

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Hi id like to inform you that if your phone is an android brand, holding the power button and volume down at the same moment will start a command prompt (dose give option to restart without completing factory reset)to reset your phone to factory settings meaning if you reset your phone your data will not be there unless it was in your sd card/email warning: the text is small so read carefully! You might be given many options tho i do not know what the options for your phone are. I wish you luck and hope this information helps a little bit.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Also if you feel like im untrustworthy there is many videos on how to factory reset phones this may help as well.
My credet goes to them

A - Kuma

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
So this just happened to me today and I litterally held the power button, and only the power button, for about 15 seconds and it responded. Only difference between our situations is i had ZERO reaction from my phone. No LED or anything, but yeah: hold the power button for 15 seconds.
I feel like there may be a correlation between this event and car-charging, because i just so happened to be charging my phone on the car and some time after that it just blanked out on me.

Shelby_6

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

this exact thing happened to me I was charging my phone when I went to bed and the red led light was on woke up through out the night and noticed the led light wasn't on I just tried the whole holding the power key for 15 seconds and it worked and turned on

Kyle501

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
My zte phone can't take battery out cause its built in. I'll plugged my phone charger in and it won't connect less I move it in a current spot but it won't even charge even when it says its charging, just started doing this couple days ago, I tried turning it off for 5min while unplugged and turned it back on and put charger on it, and it worked for about 15min then it started uncharging and when I get it to say charging, my battery will still drain I even tried holding both volume buttons and the power button but it just restarted my phone and didn't work, I downloaded an app for the ampere and of reads like 80-260 and i bought a new charger, but still didn't work can someone please help me? Please

Christina_31

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

Ramiyah

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

You have to letit die all theway since the battery dont come out. Mine takes like 3 days to dieout then it ok for a while after i charge again

Gowtham_7

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
Here is the solution

Step 1. Power off your device and if the battery is removable, remove the battery.

Step 2. Get a toothpick or needle and carefully put the toothpick into the charging port.

Step 3. Gently level up the tab for a little. Then take out the toothpick.

Step 4. Connect your phone to a charger and see if it is charging.

texasprincess7

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
My phone would not turn on and holding down the power and volume buttons for 15 seconds worked. My phone works now!

Thank you so much to the person that posted this solution!! So happy!

kusito1478

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
I have an LG G3 that randomly shut off but didn't fully shut off. I took out the battery and put it back in as suggested by someone I work with but that didn't help. I have been trying to hold down power, power and volume down, power and both volume buttons, but nothing seems to get my phone to turn on. I went to a battery store and they put in a new battery and at least got the LG screen to show up, which is more than I've gotten the past few days, but still didn't fully boot. They put my old battery back in saying its the phone, so should I have gotten the battery and tried to hold down the power and volume buttons?

borgrebecca2003

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
OMG thank you soso much ! Cause basically my phone died out on me and the next morning it wouldn't switch on at all , I tried charging it and it didn't work . I saw your comment , tried it out and thank god it worked ! I found out it was charging ... but it needed some rebooting . Thank you so much ! :D

pauletteanrob

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you so much....thought I would have to take my phone for repair. Still having problems with the speed, its sooooooo slow to respond, and I keep getting ads, driving me insane!!!! And I have 64 apps, I only use the thing for tx, mesgs, taking photos and whats app....any ideas??

joriskirkels

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
I have a similar problem. I was charging my phone when it suddenly crashed (I didn't know at the time, but I noticed that my speaker was trying to reconnect via bluetooth). I wanted to make a picture so I tried to turn on my screen..... Nothing happened. So I tried to start the phone. It wasn't the first time my phone didn't start with the fingerprint button. Sadly though, my phone didn't start. Then I checked if my battery wanted to charge, but no LED light, nor a screen that tells me that the phone is charging. I checked if maybe the battery or the adapter/cable was broken. My battery is 100% and since my phone was charging all the time, my cable wasn't broken. Sadly though, I've tried to start the phone with my volumes buttons pressed down. All options listed right here are to no avail. I just don't know wat's wrong. At one moment it worked perfectly fine, the other it is turned of and doesn't respond to the power button, nor charging it. I'm literally out of options....:??::(

1nikkivann

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017

Thank you greatly! Both volume buttons, and power for approx. 30 seconds. Then a power button push and the device booted like nothing ever happened. Your a life saver. Thanks again for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.