Samsung Galaxy ace GT-s5830D

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, I've been using Andoird version 2.3.4 for quite a long time now. I've watched and red a lot of tutorials on how to update the firmware of the phone. I did all that root/rom crap and I can't find the proper firmware for the model of my phone. All I found is for the gt-s5830. Every time I use the firmware for s5830 only and not s5830D I get a error status 7. Can anyone give me a link please? I've searched around the internet a lot.

Solution
download the clockwork mod recovery
download and place kitkat file in internal storage
turn off mobile and got to recovery by pressing the combo buttons
select install......from sd card> choose clockwork recovery mode file

You will get a new recovery (cwm)
in the new recovery go to wipe data and cache and hit yes
then go to install....from sd card (in cwm)> and select kitkat file
again press wipe data and cache

it will take time to precess after its completed press reboot

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

I didn't know about the regions but for some reasons I couldn't use a normal s5830 to root my phone and I had to download the s5830d. I've tried without s5830 and I got a error status 7.

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

So it kinda seem to work. On the phone it says that I installed the os correctly but them my screen stays black. And nothing happens.

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

What I did is first of all install the root thing that I put into the SD card. After that I went in recovery mode where you hold the power and home button then I went to sd>and selected the file and then it said that I successfully installed it in the phone. Then I booted normally then I saw a weird app, so I thought it had to do with something about the root. It's super something the name of the app. It has the death star icon from star wars. Then I went to google store and searched for ROM manager and I installed the free clockword thing. After I made a backup for the root it immediately put me in recovery mode where I chose the firmware and deleted cash and files. Now it's like if I have no os in the phone. After booting and showing the logo the screen stays black. The phone is open but the screen is black.

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
yeah it seems your OS is corrupted.

You need to install stock rom (official os by Samsung)

Follow these steps http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-install-the-official-stock-firmware-on-samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-using-odin/

After all done reply back !!!

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Slight problem. All the links and downloads are for widows... I am on ubuntu 14. :/

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Well.... I could do it on my father's computer.
I'll try.

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

It's done! But I accidentally went from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6. Also I think I've actually unlocked my phone. I didn't really have plans on using a sim card on it but now it doesn't show the koodoo logo. :D

Now what do I do?