Cell phone insurance!

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I'm curious about
https://www.asurion.com/services/
Something like this, but for a phone on Straighttalk?
I'd like to get the Nexus 5. But, paying $400. I'd like to make sure that I'm covered for it. Dropping it or whatever is always a risk and rather not be forking out for a new phone if it ends up being totaled.
Considering the LCD for this phone is over $80 alone. I'd like to make sure I've got something going for it.

Solution
Asurion is a *MASSIVE* ripoff. I broke the screen on my HTC One and in order to get it replaced I had to jump through several hurdles and finally wound up paying something like $150 to get the screen replaced. Why have insurance at all if that's what you have to go through? :fou:

Davidgilinsky

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
dude take note asurion is a 3rd party phone insurance provider they cover lost/stolen water- damage even if youre the one who inflicted the damage to your handset. just make sure that the phone insurance is added on your account. i believe there is only a certain number of days after activating your phone from a provider that you can add the phone insurance svc. that premium would be a monthly charge on top of your monthly plan you will have the option to remove it but once removed you can no longer add it again. so i would advice you to call your service provider and have it check

cheers bro!

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Asurion is a *MASSIVE* ripoff. I broke the screen on my HTC One and in order to get it replaced I had to jump through several hurdles and finally wound up paying something like $150 to get the screen replaced. Why have insurance at all if that's what you have to go through? :fou:

Solution

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I suspected it would be something like that. I looked into it a bit and found many similar issues. It seems electronics insurance is just not monitored or big enough to really be a realistic option.