Help finding a laptop for college (CS Major) - Not for gaming

lastbluesun

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
I'm planning on bringing my PC to college with me, and the PC is pretty much just for gaming. I want to get a laptop that can't really play games so when I take it with me to the library, I will be tempted by one less thing in terms of distractions.

I'm impartial on AMD/Intel at this point as I've ran Intels in my laptops and AMD in my desktops. I'm thinking 6-8 gigs of RAM, a quad-core is a must and preferably a 1080p screen. It can go under a bit but I don't really mind. A backlit keyboard is a bonus but also not necessary. I'm obviously not looking for something spectacular but I don't want to have to buy a new laptop in the next two years because this one has slowed down too much (I use tons of programs that speed up the PC whether its MalwareBytes, Kaspersky, CCleaner or Wise Cleaners).

My budget is around 600$ so again, nothing too spectacular. At least 3 hours of battery life and I don't mind if the laptop is a little heavy. I'll have a backpack or messenger bag to keep it in anyways.

joeybones

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
For a CS major Apple would be the best but since you're looking for something cheaper any durable laptop would work.