iPhone 4 not detected by computer

JONOyou

Estimable
May 11, 2014
Hello, I have an iphone 4 (32gb) running ios 7.1.1 When i connected to my laptop it makes a connection sound. However, no sign of the iphone connection is present. Not in my computer, no itunes error, nothing. Also, my calender birthday notification just came up the same time i connected my phone - both my laptop and iphone. The phone is also not charging when connected.

I have tried different usb ports and usb wires. I have tested the ports using my usb storage and worked fine. The phone also charges fine when the usb is connected to a powerpoint. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

My laptop specs are:
intel 4702MQ 2.2GHz (3.2Ghz) (4th Gen)
intel hd 4600
nvdia gt 740m (dedicated) - 2gb GDDR3
500gb 7200rpm hard drive
8gb RAM DDR3 1600MHz
windows 8.1 (64bit)

I have updated my BIOS (lenovo) recently and switched antivirus to avast. I havent connected my phone before i got the antivirus so i dont know the cause

JONOyou

Estimable
May 11, 2014

Hello rudrapratap, i have itunes installed, as i have used this phone for years. I have tried restarting the apple mobile service and other apple-related services. I have also tried restarting the computer into safe mode. This problem happen to both my iphones, but only with my laptop. It works perfectly fine on my desktop. I appreciate your help, and may this narrow down your search. Thank you