Need help finding iPhone 3GS Battery

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Long story short my 3GS went in the washing machine. Took it out the next day, dismantled it and dried it out. It works now, but as soon as you take it off the charger it dies. Also it looks like the battery is inflated, and my guess is that the water corroded the insides of the battery, making it more or less useless.

So my main question... can someone please help me find a reliable 3GS battery on amazon?

Almost all the batteries I looked at had as many 1 star ratings as 5 stars..

Any help on this subject is much appreciated :)

Solution
I think you're probably right. But give the service provider that you got the phone from a call. See what they say. I'm getting my info from back when I bought the phone. Things may have changed since ATT isn't the only iPhone provider now.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013

Thanks for the recommendation, but I believe returning the phone to apple would cost as much as buying one of these used since my warranty is voided due to water damage.

clutchc

Distinguished
I think you're probably right. But give the service provider that you got the phone from a call. See what they say. I'm getting my info from back when I bought the phone. Things may have changed since ATT isn't the only iPhone provider now.

Solution

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013

Actually it's not on service anymore, I was using it as an ipod. I think I may end up buying a used iphone 4 for not much more than a new 3GS battery. Thanks for the help anyways.