Is the Lenovo Z50 too good to be true for the price?

Nithin Anand

Estimable
May 18, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have been looking for a laptop for schoolwork and general internet surfing. When it comes to games all I really want to run is LoL, and I'm pretty sure this can run it (please correct me if I'm wrong). I already have a gaming desktop so I'm not looking for a dedicated GPU. My budget is around £500, and I want a full HD screen (or maybe 1600x900 at 14") which I know is a lot to ask for at this price range. I want a decent battery life and good portability so I can take it to school. A metal construction is also preferred. It seemed a stretch based on my budget, especially as I wanted a Lenovo laptop for the keyboard. I then came across this:
http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Lenovo_Z50-70_4th_Gen_Core_i5_8GB_1TB_15.6_inch_Windows_8.1_Laptop_in_Black_59416301/version.asp?refsource=LDadwords&crtag=LD&gclid=CIeVlPeHtr4CFe3JtAodNSUAEw#top

The details are fairly light on the product page itself but including what I found on other pages and the Q&A these are the specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U
GPU: Intel HD 4400
Screen: 15.6" 1920x1080
HDD: 1TB (Might add my own SSD as a cache, quite pleased with how it has gone on my desktop)
Optical Drive:
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Battery Life: <5 Hours (slightly lower than what I hoped for but not too much of a concern as I'll be using it at my desk for the most part)
OS: Windows 8.1 (Have no qualms with it on my non-touch desktop)
Price: £500

When I saw all this was £500 and a Lenovo laptop, I was astonished. It seemed almost too good to be true, which is why I wanted to check with you guys if there's a catch. Thanks in advance!

Nithin Anand

Estimable
May 18, 2014

Ok, thank you for your help. I'll inquire directly; I did find a model that's a bit more expensive but definitely has a FHD screen and a dGPU, however that seems to bring down the battery life quite a bit (to 2-3 hours)