Is this overkill. Opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
So I bought a Brand New (manufactured refurbished) for $230.00 with a case. Does anyone think this was a good deal. I own a Laptop,MS Surface Pro, And a Nook tablet. Yes that's a lot of tech.

I have my Laptop just because.... I found myself not being able to part with it even though I love the surface pro. My laptop is still current. I got the surface pro because it seem more portable than my laptop, Also I have a PC rig that built that I pretty much thought I'd be using for mostly for work...;) but my Desktop is a beast and unless I'm using CAD, then I'm playing video games and watching movies. So ultimately it most likely will continue to serve that purpose and my surface pro serves the purpose of the actually on the go laptop.

My nook I thought when B&N opened it up to the google play store would feel less constrained...But it didn't (You're thinking...Idiot root it!) I know I did and and then I thought whats the point as I use it mainly for magazines. however even rooting it still it's not the same. I mostly read magazine subscriptions on it.

So I have a PC I built- Which I use mostly for gaming and some Drafting ( which I feel like if I wanted to do "work" on it I would. but I do work and school papers on my laptop which still runs great from the day I bought which is what I am using now :) Which It is in an prodigy mini itx which is awesome I put a titan gfx and new cooling system, (guess I knew what I was doing. work yeah right)

My Laptop- Email, word doc, misc download, all the above..kind of the test subject. My goto

the Surface- The true Laptop (In a sense of travel) Light, a full working laptop. that still very much has it's tablet parts. But that I still never really use as a tablet that often. ( found out how to play simcity on it :p which is cool. It's lighter than my laptop. I work mostly on it and surface the web when I out. Like at school or on location for work.

My nook...I use it when a new comic/magazine I want to read comes out.....that's pretty much it. I wish I could use maps on it. But it just runs clunky.

And now my new device....

The Samsung Note 10.1- It has a s pen which I thought is actually good for me. It's easier to take out and write notes for class and or work rather than pen and paper for notes that may get lost or forgetting my notebook for that particular class.

And carrying this and my surface is nothing or cumbersome like carrying my laptop and several notebook and school books.

Is this overkill? Is the Samsung Note 10.1 worth $230, Is this too many gadgets, Am I using all of these effectively. Should I get rid of something?

Solution
I have a surface pro original 128gb, surface pro 2 256gb, ipod touch, Samsung galaxy note 10.1 1st gen, asus g750 js, asus with i3, Toshiba with an i5, Samsung galaxy tab 7", and a custom pc with 8350, sli 770 all watercooled. I have a use for everything, I myself use all except two lower end laptops which are the familys.

You get/keep what you use. I use orginal surface pro around the house for emails and such and as backup for surface pro 2. I use surface pro 2 all the time, at work/school/out and about. I use my asus g750 for when im in bed and want to game or have to edit movies and such, and its my powerful pc on the go for when clients need something made. I use my galaxy note for my android games and such, plus the pen input...

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I have a surface pro original 128gb, surface pro 2 256gb, ipod touch, Samsung galaxy note 10.1 1st gen, asus g750 js, asus with i3, Toshiba with an i5, Samsung galaxy tab 7", and a custom pc with 8350, sli 770 all watercooled. I have a use for everything, I myself use all except two lower end laptops which are the familys.

You get/keep what you use. I use orginal surface pro around the house for emails and such and as backup for surface pro 2. I use surface pro 2 all the time, at work/school/out and about. I use my asus g750 for when im in bed and want to game or have to edit movies and such, and its my powerful pc on the go for when clients need something made. I use my galaxy note for my android games and such, plus the pen input works nice and it syncs with my galaxy note 3 phone. Ipod I use for music. PC I use for all major video editing and maya/autocad/ect when im at home and need the power.

I could get ride of something, but everything is ideal for what I use it for. The surface pro 2 is like my everything normal device. Beasty laptop for my portable pc, pc for power at home. My 'toys' are galaxy note and that I just keep as its nice to have android for things and I wont get next to nothing selling it.

Solution