Accelerometer/Gyroscope/screen rotation not working for Samsung Galaxy Note 2

j0ndafr3ak

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Hello there everyone,
Since my phone was upgraded to stock Android 4.3, screen rotation hasn't worked properly. it only works a few hours after I retore the smartphone's factory settings, then it completely stops working. I have also downloaded some tools to check the sensors, and they don't get any readings, values for the accelerometer and the gyroscope are stuck to 0.
yesterday I installed a custom recovery firmware (firstly TWRP then CWM) and re-flashed official samsung 4.3 firmware with no luck. even after flashing it and resetting the phone to the factory settings, the screen still wouldn't rotate.
so i installed the CyanogenMod 11 rom and it worked every now and then but it now has come to a full stop. it would really bother me to reflash any of samsung's android versions. the cyanogenmod is soooo fast and light..
has anyone found a solution yet? there must be. I don't think it's a hardware issue (i really hope not) cause i wouldn't know how to replace the sensor being it soldered to the mainboard.
any ideas on how to get the screen to rotate again?

j0ndafr3ak

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
OK here's an update. I've just installed OmniRom which I prefer to CyanogenMod 11. It's even lighter. Now, here's the problem. Screen rotation works when the reset finishes. Then it seems that when I turn off the screen with the power button and turn it on after a few minutes, screen rotation stops working. It once workded again by turning off and on screen rotation from the drop down menu. This method hasn't worked any more.
What should I do except getting a new phone? Lol