Need some help - is this a good gaming laptop?

luobinruidian

Estimable
May 13, 2014
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I would like to know if this laptop that I will be linking is a good laptop for gaming use. I don't play all of the newest games that demand very high graphics and processor power, I am more into games such as point and click adventure and strategy. But I do enjoy some powerful games as well, and therefor I would like to know if this laptop will be very slow for those kind of games or if it will be okay.

I know it will be able to run games like Europa Universalis 3-4 or Deponia 1-3 but will it be able to run Battlefield 3-4 or Metro 2033? As an example.

http://product.suning.com/106520941.html

CPU: Intel i5-4200M 2.5GHz Dual-Core
RAM: 4GB DDR3 (Max capacity 16GB)
HDD: SATA 500GB
GFX: HD4600+GT750M 2GB

Thanks for all the answers!

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Hasee? I've never heard of that brand before. But as a gaming machine, the performance should be okay. 750m is a pretty decent card, but the 4200m may be a bottleneck in CPU intencive games (like strategy games).

luobinruidian

Estimable
May 13, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. So you believe that the laptop will do pretty well for at least some time?

Hasee(神舟/Shenzhou) is a big computer brand in China, among the biggest I think, and they mainly make gaming computers. They work similar to Alienware I would assume.