unlocked cell phones

onearmsally

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
when buying unlocked cell phone who should I purchase an unlocked samsung mega from off internet? Is there anything I should know before purchasing it from someone. Would a refurbished phone be good working phone to buy? I found one on ebay but unsure on whether to buy from the person would appreciate any help. thank you very much

Noprompt

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Hello,

When buying an unlocked smartphone online it's advisable to do it within well-known online retailers as for example the one that you mentioned (Ebay). Any respectful online retailer have to have a sellers' rating system, which shows buyers the overall feedback that a seller have. Then it's advisable to buy from a seller with good feedback in a well-known online retailer that can offer clear policies of customer service (returning policy, money back guaranty), otherwise is better to keep browsing.

Regards

onearmsally

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
thank you very much for your help. Your advice is great!!!

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Like he said - make sure you purchase from a reputable company. For me, that would mean I only purchase things online from Amazon, Ebay, direct from the manufacturer, or from the website of a local retailer from whom I can go pick up the paid for item in person.

Also, a refurbished phone is a phone that has been built with used parts. To elaborate; if you paid for an insurance plan when you bought the phone, you would take that phone to the store you bought it from and they would give you a new one.

When the broken phone gets to the manufacturer, they take it apart and put any parts that aren't broken aside. When they have enough parts to build a new phone of the same model (or another model utilizing some of the same hardware), they do - and it is sold as a refurbished phone.

I once purchased a refurbished laptop and had no issues with it for about two years. Shortly after that, the fan died and the CPU withered and burned. Your experience may vary.

Noprompt

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014

You're welcome!