the battery says 0% available ,plugged in not charging. suddenly shutdown when charger is plugged out

Status
Not open for further replies.

novitasari

Estimable
May 9, 2014
my laptop is acer aspire one, i bought it almost 4 years ago. two months ago the battery showed "consider replacing your battery" and then one month ago suddenly showed "plugged in, not charging" until 0% available. at that time, my laptop still can be alive for several minutes without charger. but now my laptop can't turn on without charger. so every hours it plugged in but not charging. is it dangerous? are there some solutions be sides buy a new battery? the price is very expensive and i am still not work yet. pleaseeeee help meeee

dkfem

Estimable
May 9, 2014
Can you take the battery and charger out and press the power button for 10 seconds, then put the battery in to see if it starts to charge up, if not then unfortunately, your only option is to get a new battery.

Pankaj346

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
the real problem is not only with the battery ,charger or your laptop both are good the problem is in the plugging point the point get damage or getting loose or the resister inside get damage so overall input it will not accept . so either you remove your your plug point or replace , if you dont believe on my words then you take your battery and charge in another freinds laptop if it is charging then your battery is great noo need to replace the battery . thats all

Joevinci

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

This worked for my son's HP Pavillion Laptop 11-e015nr. I removed the Charger Cord and Battery as described by dkfem. I held the power button down for 10 seconds. I then re-inserted the battery and charger cord. I again held down the power button for 10 seconds before letting go. The laptop powered up and started charging. Really strange that this worked, but thanks to this post the battery is functional again-- the battery is only 15 months old with very light usage - last note: I did all the recommended BIOS updates and confirmed that there were no recalls on the battery with no success before trying the 10 second reset.

JonathanAB

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015

This is not even close to the problem or solution that this is in regards to. As he said, the laptop works just fine when plugged in. The problem it the memory of batteries and the degradation of performance over time that happens with ALL batteries, from your car battery to your cell phone to the APC battery backups. All need replacement sometime. APC recommends replacement every three years. Your cell phone gets replaced well before the battery really fails but you'll notice reduced performance in that as well. And if you've ever lived in a cold winter area you know how important having a healthy battery in your car is.

Since the battery is dead, you have no other choice than to buy a new battery unless you want to simply keep it plugged into the electrical outlet. But that means you cannot use it unless it is plugged in.

chathura141

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015

‍Yep... it works for me.. thanks a lot

Silah_

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015

alhumdulillah!!!it really worked...strange way but thanks.

Hassouna M

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
It is very easy to solve such problem as follow :-
Ensure that the power outlet is connected to the earthing , remove the plug of the charger from the power socket then make a temporary contact between the earthing point of the power socket and the earthing point of plug of the charger, this contact can be done by using an electric wire. ( This method will discharge the accumulated electrostatic in the charger) .
Reconnect the charger of the laptop as usual, you will find that the laptop and the charger working properly and charging the battery as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.