Which ROM do I install in my Samsung Galaxy S2?

kaustabh93

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII I-9100 running Samsung's TouchWhiz on its official 4.1.2 JB.
This ROM is quite laggy and drains out my battery pretty quick(6 hours approx.).

Hence I have decided to flash my phone with a custom ROM.
Please help me in choosing a ROM.
I want a ROM that is :
1. Fast
2. Good battery backup.
3. Good looking
4. Preferably running Kit Kat.
5. ROM should be able to utilize all of the phone's hardware(e.g. all sensors should work)

Please do tell me which ROM to go for.
P.S. : - I have never installed a custom ROM before and this is going to be my first one.
Thank You.

Pskov

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Well there are endless choices your best bet is to check out the XDA-Developers forum and find something that suits you. Check out CyanogenMod if you haven't already that's probably the most popular ROM for Android and MIUI though MIUI is something you either love or hate it's a very different design to the normal Android sort of like iOS but much better IMO.

Pskov

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Alabalcho is right unless the lag is extremely bad then cyanogenmod might be a good alternative im pretty sure they offer a one click install app so you dont have to flash it although you will need to flash cmw but theres an app for that too. But yeah like Alabalcho said stick with the stock android unless the lag is completely screwing your phone.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
My phone is very cheap. It was laggy and poor performance. So I decided to flash custom ROM and now the performance is increased.
And yes S2 really consumes battery so quick. Here I found most popular for S2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-gt-i9100-resurrection-remix-v4-0-7-t1436854
Actually you have to test the roms and keep one according to needs. Make sure you have nandroid backup before you flash any ROM. I have also flashed many ROMs and phone didn't got any problem.