reinstate Samsung OS on Andriod

Lucymoon

Estimable
May 2, 2014
We have a Samung Galaxy S3. We did not know that this had been rooted (we think) and it is running Cyanogenmod. We do not like this and want to get it back to the original Samung OS (i.e. android!). We are not mobile phone techies so want a simple easy solution. We have heard about doing a factory reset (power off, connect to power supply and press volume up + power then scroll through menu and select factory reset). Can anyone tell us if this will reinstate the phone to its original software state (i.e as it would have been purchased) and get rid of cyanogenmod. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks

Solution
Again, like I said, you should be able to take it to a phone place, explain the circumstances and have them flash it for you. If your phone is through Verizon, take it to them, ect...

A factory reset like you said will restore cyanogen mod to its fresh state, but that won't change the operating system.

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Erm... who was it exactly who rooted the phone?

That being said, you realize that cyanogen mod AND samsung OS are both just skinned/modded versions of the android operating system, right? It's not that you don't have android, it's that you'd either have the cyanogen mod team's version with more customizability, or Samsung's version with supposedly easier to use features.

Factory reset will not do what you want, just restore cyanogen mod to it's fresh state. Can I ask why you're interested in getting rid of it?

You could either research how to flash an operating system to a phone, which isn't too difficult if you follow the directions, OR you could take it to a phone store. If you were sold the phone used and were not told it had cyanogen mod on it, they should reset it for you.

Lucymoon

Estimable
May 2, 2014
Many thanks for your response. We have found various topics on how to flash an operating system but this is over our heads. As I said we are not phone techies and are just normal phone users. We do not know how to restore cyanogen mod to it's fresh state and the person who sold it to us will not reset it and is not being very helpful. We are just used to the "normal" samsung version. Thank you for your help

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Again, like I said, you should be able to take it to a phone place, explain the circumstances and have them flash it for you. If your phone is through Verizon, take it to them, ect...

A factory reset like you said will restore cyanogen mod to its fresh state, but that won't change the operating system.

Solution