Will the OEM charger and data cable for LG OGP E988 work with LG OGP F240?

grandgalaz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
I have bought a LG Optimus G Pro F240. Sadly they didn't provide the original data cable and charger in the box. But considering the price at which I got the device its a big okay from me. I called LG India and visited LG service center. They only have those accessories for E988. They even don't know if the charger and data cable for E988 will perfectly work with F240.

I don't know what to do. Please help me out. :??:

It's common practice now for cellphone manufacturer's not to include a charger since a common micro-USB connection was adopted instead of each manufacturer having a proprietary connector. About time too, there must be drawers and landfill sites bursting to overflowing with useless, discarded chargers (only Apple seems to insist on keeping proprietary connectors - shame on them.

If your LG phone has a common micro-USB charging socket (must have since no charger was supplied), any micro-USB phone charger will be quite safe to use.

My Sony Xperia came without a charger so I use my BlackBerry phone charger since they are both micro-USB.
Works fine, that's the whole point of having standardardized micro-USB for cellphones, the chargers are interchangeable, that's the whole point of not supplying one with every phone any more, cuts down on hazardous waste. Should have happened years ago.

grandgalaz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

Yes it has a micro-USB charging port and so far it appears to be common too. But the fact is, even if all phones having common micro-USB ports their battery capacity is not the same. One with 3100mAh battery draws much more power than of the one with 1500mAh battery. More the battery is power hungry, more it will need a charger with such a high output capacity so that the battery never touches the charger's output limit. For ex. to charge a 3140mAh battery its lot safer to use a charger with 1.8A output capacity. This way the charger will remain cooler, will last longer and the battery will get charged a whole lot faster and safer. But you don't need 1.8A charger if you're going to charge a 1500mAh battery. So, I guess, micro-USB is not the only factor to decide if a common charger should be there to serve them all.

But, in my case, as both the phones LG G Pro E988 and LG G Pro F240 having the same battery, no such big battery--small battery theory applies here. Apparently a charger for OGP E988 should do fair with OGP F240. But if the charging systems are different in those two models, then its quite possible that their chargers too will act differently.

Please shed some light on it.