Disconnected from games when dad uses wifi on his tablet

SheepSayMeh

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Hey everyone!

I have encountered the strangest problem.
A few months ago my dad got himself an Asus Memo tablet. Ever since he started using it around the house, we noticed the strangest thing. Whenever he connects to the wifi, and start browsing the internet, the pings in our video games start to get abnormally high, and we get disconnected. It's impossible to play any online games during the time that my dad uses his tablet.
The weirdest thing is, it doesn't affect any other way of using the internet at all. We're still able to browse the internet at full bandwith, with no noticable slowdown whatsoever. It doesn't seems to matter if we use wifi or cat5 to connnect to the LAN, the problem occurs anyway.
And another thing: it only seems to happen when my dad uses the tablet to browse the internet, if it is left on standby we can play our games without being disconnected.
The problem also only seems to occur when this tablet is used. Using an Ipad, iphone, or cellphones with android don't create the problem.
I've never seen or heard anything like this, and I hope any of you might have an inking as to what is happening.
The router we use for our LAN is a Thompson TG789vn.

Cheers!

Solution
I recommend this thread, it seems the be a common issue with the HD7

http://androidforums.com/asus-memo-pad-hd/813947-cannot-connect-internet-memopad-hd7.html

Even more read this:

I had the same issue, and tried many of the suggestions of the above posters, to no avail. What worked for me (and, note that I use the AT&T Uverse internet service at home, with a static IP address, so I'm not sure whether it will work for all routers/providers or those with dynamic IP addresses) was this:

Go to your home computer and get into your wifi settings (for me, with AT&T, it was a matter of inputting "192.168.1.254/" into my browser in order to access/see my router settings). Specifically, look at what the IP address, default gateway, primary...

Diox55

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014
I recommend this thread, it seems the be a common issue with the HD7

http://androidforums.com/asus-memo-pad-hd/813947-cannot-connect-internet-memopad-hd7.html

Even more read this:

I had the same issue, and tried many of the suggestions of the above posters, to no avail. What worked for me (and, note that I use the AT&T Uverse internet service at home, with a static IP address, so I'm not sure whether it will work for all routers/providers or those with dynamic IP addresses) was this:

Go to your home computer and get into your wifi settings (for me, with AT&T, it was a matter of inputting "192.168.1.254/" into my browser in order to access/see my router settings). Specifically, look at what the IP address, default gateway, primary DNS, and secondary DNS are. Leave that screen up on your computer, because you'll need it in a second:

On your Asus MemoPad HD7, click on the wifi icon, then click on your home network. The options are "forget network" or "modify network" or something like that. Choose "modify network" and go to "advanced network settings" or something like that. In the IP address, default gateway, primary DNS, and secondary DNS fields, replace the numbers prepopulated in those fields on the tablet screen with the numbers that show in the corresponding fields on your computer screen. Your tablet should now recognize the internet connection.

Good-luck! Please let me know if this works!

Solution