Can I switch my AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket to Boost Mobile ?

Thermoproduct

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
So, recently, my father obtained a phone from a close friend of his as a gift, an AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, Only problem is, we are all on Boost Mobile, Which gets great coverage around the area we live in, and my dad already has some sort of loyalty program where he pays $45 a month for unlimited everything and he really does not want to leave boost mobile.
The S2 has no contract on it. And no SIM card,
So the question is, Can I switch this phone to Boost Mobile without having any problems ?

Solution
~~Librarian of Congress – James Billington, an 84-year-old copyright czar of our digital age – issued a ruling that made it illegal for an American to unlock his or her smartphone, potentially with up to five years in prison and $500,000 on the line (or at least with a civil penalty).~~ From HERE

Some carriers will do that, but you will have to make up a good reason for them to do it. (att is your best bet though, because Boost will not want to have anything to do with att)

Thermoproduct

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014

Thing is, I know about Rooting, and Unlocking the device but I don't to cause any performance issues or damage to the phone. Is there any alternative ? I heard that if you call AT&T they can unlock your phone for you, and If you call Boost, they will help you get your phone onto Boost Mobile.

wrathofdragon

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
~~Librarian of Congress – James Billington, an 84-year-old copyright czar of our digital age – issued a ruling that made it illegal for an American to unlock his or her smartphone, potentially with up to five years in prison and $500,000 on the line (or at least with a civil penalty).~~ From HERE

Some carriers will do that, but you will have to make up a good reason for them to do it. (att is your best bet though, because Boost will not want to have anything to do with att)

Solution