powering phone off from lock screen, security risk?

Mt Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hello,

My friend was just in town, and had her phone stolen. when we tried to call the phone (within 2-4 mins) the phone was shut off. she had a pass code on it.

So im looking at my phone (galaxy s4) and the same thing, the phone can be powered off from the lock screen! This strikes me as a security risk. I have been looking around, and cannot seem to find a way to disable this. does anyone have a clue if this is even possible?

I use wheres my droid, but as i was checking over all my security, i noticed the...well problem. if a thief can bypass the security measures in place, by just turning the phone off, I dont really see the point in any of it.

So again, if anyone knows a way to disable this?

Thank You!!

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

There is option to disable it, but phone could be turned off by pulling battery anyway.

You have to root your device (only way). Install xposed installer and then install gravity box. Enable gravity box module from xposed installer and reboot device after that open gravity box app and there should be a option to disable power menu at lock screen.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

And yes thief can break pass code easily if he have some knowledge. I remember my sister's phone was stolen but luckily found, it has pass code on it set by thief, after some research I removed it in 2 days.