no network or internet connection on galaxy s3 i9300 south africa firmware

viaanloubser

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
I rooted my galaxy s3 i9300 tot 4.4 kit kat , but had a few problems with apps crashing. so I downloaded and installed the original firmware 4.3 and now I have no internet connection and no network. it keeps telling me emergency calls only or not registered on network. im from south Africa. any help on how to fix this problem will be appreciated. I have just downloaded 4.1.2 firmware and the modem file but don't want to try it if its not gonna work. please im desperate.

Solution

Did you took backup of original ROM before upgrading to 4.4? If yes clear system/data/cache from recovery and restore your backup.
You have no internet connection through Sim card or Wifi? Copy modem.img from system/etc/firmware from the original android version...

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Did you took backup of original ROM before upgrading to 4.4? If yes clear system/data/cache from recovery and restore your backup.
You have no internet connection through Sim card or Wifi? Copy modem.img from system/etc/firmware from the original android version you have without any updates (even official) and paste to your current firmware directory. You said you downloaded modem file, but where did you put that?

Solution