Looking for an average Android phone

Ameloma

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
I want to buy my first smartphone. Android, "major brand". I don't really do that much with phones but here is a list of things I need (in order of importance):

• *Call people (obviously)
    *Text messages (chat is nice too)
    *Good, customizable alarm clock
    *Good battery time
    *Navigation/gps (probably an app I suppose, so needs to run them)
    *Big sized screen
    *Listen to music without suddenly calling some random number (my old phone did that)

Everything else is a plus. I don't really call or text people though.

I'm not going to pay 600€ for a phone. I suppose everything under or close to 100€ is absolute crap. Other than that, I don't really have a budget. I don't know much about phones.

Manolis T

Estimable
Feb 11, 2014
I have the moto g and for 189€(In my country) it is pretty good(some say the best it its category and I have to agree with that so far).It features a 4.5 Inc display,I hope thats enough for you.
A thing to notice about this phone is that it does not have a sd card slot(for extending storage).It does not lag on menus and stuff like that, comes with the latest android(guaranteed update) to 4.4.2 kitkat.

You should probably gives us a few more details about the phone you want(like how big should the screen be or how much money can you spend)
Here is a complete list with its specs http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g-5831.php

sunder25

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Blackberry z10
Htc One/one mini
LG G2
Google nexus 5.
All of these are great phones that do their job.
Get whichever one of these you find better looking/cheaper, they all fit your specs.
Battery wise- the G2 performs the best out of the aforementioned.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Not BB man they have poor apps as compared to android.

siam672

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Moto G? That is a good phone. But if you can increase your budget a little bit, I would suggest getting a Nexus 4/5. I mean they both rock the house and Nexus 4 might be a little cheaper since it's an older version of the Nexus series. But afterall, Nexus 4 is quite a good phone and seems to do a good job at it.