Icloud Storage Full

Legocowchaser

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
My Ipad says it can not do a backup because the icloud storage is full. I just recently backed up the pictures on the Ipad and deleted them. How come the Icloud is full? What should I do to free up space?

Solution
Delete the files from your iCloud account. This is not the storage on your iPad, but the Internet-based storage tied into your Apple ID (& accessible from other devices). Like any cloud-based storage, you have a set limit on how much you can store...& you've used up your storage.

Go through the files in the iCloud storage, delete what you don't need (i.e. if you have 5 separate sets of backups, you really only need the last 1 or 2 version), download to your PC the files that you want to keep but don't need immediate access to via the iCloud account, & you'll be set.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
Delete the files from your iCloud account. This is not the storage on your iPad, but the Internet-based storage tied into your Apple ID (& accessible from other devices). Like any cloud-based storage, you have a set limit on how much you can store...& you've used up your storage.

Go through the files in the iCloud storage, delete what you don't need (i.e. if you have 5 separate sets of backups, you really only need the last 1 or 2 version), download to your PC the files that you want to keep but don't need immediate access to via the iCloud account, & you'll be set.

Solution

Legocowchaser

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
Thanks. I am new to the forums. Am I doing something wrong when I post because I think it posted twice. When I go to the forum I see two posts not one. How do I make it post only once?

Hawkeye22

Distinguished

Sometimes when you hit the submit button, there is a delay. If you aren't patient and hit the submit button a second time it will create a duplicate post.

I deleted your duplicate post.

Legocowchaser

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014

Thanks so much.

TRENDING THREADS