type of sim cards for unlocked phones

onearmsally

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
i want to buy samsung galaxy mega and do not know what kind of sim card to get. I understand that sim card can be locked also. Is it better to get an unlocked sim card to use on any network like boost, tmobile or virign mobile? What sim card exactly would you recommend I should get? thank you

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Not sure I follow here. After reading online the mega uses the micro sim card. You usually get a carrier specific card. So the one you bought from ATT won't work on a phone locked to Tmo. It's the phone that you need to be unlocked, not the SIM. That should always be locked to a carrier. Boost and Virgin mobile don't use sims, but CDMA. Which is completely different. You should get a sim card for whatever network you use. For example, I use Straight Talk and bought a sim from them. I have now bought 3 unlocked phones and have transferred the single sim between them as they have died/I've upgraded.

Demorthus

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
You can find the network bands that the phone works on here: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mega_6_3_i9200-5398.php
As for what carrier you want to use, it's really up to coverage, I recommend you look up each of the carriers that work in your area and look on their website/OR google that carrier's coverage so you can see just how well you're always going to be connected, and also where you're not (which is important if you're going to travel to another city/state for any reason)